Posted by: Sara
Time: 4:42 PM
On November 28th and 29th, Tea donated one piece of clothing to the Global Fund for Children for every order placed online or at a Tea retailer. The Global Fund for Children is an organization that helps advance the dignity of at-risk children by supporting and strengthening grass root groups and effectively utilizing media to highlight the disparities experienced by this demographic.
Through your purchases and the help of the Global Fund for Children, Tea was able to donate over 2,500 articles of clothing to the following organizations:
- Jamghat- Located in New Delhi, India, Jamghat provides a safe and supportive environment for street children to enable them to evolve physically and emotionally.
- Baoji Xinxing-Baoji Xinxing provides rehabilitation, education, recreation, and vocational skills to street children in central China.
- Associação Excola-Helping children in the heart of downtown Rio de Janeiro, Associação Excola works to empower youth living on the streets to make long-term positive changes in their lives.
- Homeless Children’s Playtime Project-Located in the District of Columbia, Homeless Children’s Playtime Project nurtures healthy child development and reduces the effects of trauma among children living in temporary housing programs.
- The Associate of Children and youth with Disabilities- Based in Moldova, this organizations provides direct support for children with multiple disabilities through an annual integration summer camp.
- Maison de la Gare St. Louis (MDGSL)- A child-oriented organization located in Senegal that works to promote the social and economic integration of talibés, young boys who are sent by their families to urban areas to study the Qu’ran but often end up being subjected to conditions akin to slavery and forced labor
We’re thrilled that our loyal fans helped us award these organizations with such a meaningful donation. Tea Collection supports the Global Fund for Children because they also work to celebrate cultures around the world. How do you give back? Share your thoughts about charitable giving in the comments section below.