GFC distributing Tea clothes in Feng County.
Over the past few years, Tea has worked hand in hand with the Global Fund for Children (GFC) to donate money and resources to grassroots organizations that transform the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. This past summer Tea sent clothes to GFC to donate in China’s Feng County. Many children in this area of rural China are considered “invisible” because they are neglected by the government and unaccounted for. It takes dedicated grassroots organizations to find and help these forgotten kids.
One reason we keep giving. Do your part today.
You too can help GFC reach more needy children. Every holiday season, Tea and GFC collaborate and create the Little Citizens Holiday Pajamas. All proceeds from the purchase of these pajamas go towards the Global Fund for Children, so they can help children around the world learn, grow, and thrive.
Dress your little citizen up for the holidays!
Meet our festive Tea staff!
Check out some of the faces behind Tea! Adults and kids alike need to have a little fun on Halloween too! What did you dress up as today? Share with us on our Facebook page.
The following is written by Emily Meyer, Tea Collection’s Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer.
How awesome is Modern Family the TV show?! It’s so funny and I just love the weave of contemporary themes and some of the most socially relevant story telling. It turns out that the actress that plays Lily, Aubrey Anderson-Emmons, is a huge Tea fan!
I met Aubrey’s mother, Amy Anderson Emmons, at the Mom 2.0 bloggers conference in May … she was super friendly and spoke about managing the social media audience for Aubrey’s fan base. I introduced myself and she said they knew Tea, that Aubrey even had a couple of pieces … I mentioned that we would LOVE to dress Aubrey for any special occasions.
Well … I was travelling overseas just a few weeks ago and received an email from Amy – she says Aubrey is going to the Emmy’s and asked if we would be interested in dressing her? Of course!! What an awesome project and it would be an honor for us!
Marjorie, our designer, was traveling with me – we immediately started brainstorming in the courtyard of our hotel at 12:30am!! Marjorie sketched. We started with our iconic wrap neckline styling and created a bubble in the skirt for fun, matching Aubrey’s playful personality. Then we added a sash similar to one we had seen on the traditional Korean costume, called a hanbok.
Our amazing Technical Design team drafted the pattern and made a prototype before we returned home from the trip. We found beautiful silk taffeta fabric at Britex in downtown San Francisco. And then I went to LA to visit Aubrey in person to try on the dress. The sash captivated Aubrey and the wrap neckline was gorgeous on her – elegant and youthful.
Ana, Tea's photographer, with Aubrey as she tries on her Emmy's dress for the first time.
Marjorie traveled to LA herself to help Aubrey get dressed, including final touches, for the big event.
Marjorie helping Aubrey pick out the perfect shoe.
I am so proud of our team for making this happen so fast and so beautifully. It’s literally the art of couture, globally-inspired, made with heart and soul.
First Tea Collection Pima Cotton Sweaters
Who knew three Pima Cotton baby sweaters could launch a company? Emily and Leigh knew that this no fuss style would keep babies warm and stylish. For ten years, we’ve been traveling the world but still remain true to our roots with our Chinese Baby Sweater. Get your little one bundled up in style and see where the world takes this little citizen.
Look at how we have grown, back in 2002, Emily Meyer and Leigh Rawdon shared a common vision: a children’s clothing line inspired by different cultures. After 10 years of hard work and tremendous growth, Tea has blossomed into a family of 53 and counting.
Tea Collection's first label for clothes in 2002.
At Tea, we’re passionate about design and style. We get excited to create new collections and to see our hard work come to fruition. Though we love what each unique items brings to our collection, we’d be lying if we didn’t admit we have some favorites.
Right now, we’re offering an extra 30% off sale, and we wanted to make sure you didn’t miss out on the best deals. Below is a list of the top 5 staff picks from our Tea sale.
1) Paso del Tiempo Dress– Easter is just around the corner, does your little girl have dress yet? We recommend our Paso del Tiempo Dress in Cornflower. This sweet style will only put you back $17, who could resist?
2) Simple Sneakers– Truly a timeless sneaker in 4 different styles and colors. At originally over $40 a pair, you can now get these hot kicks for less than $20 a pair during our extra 30% sale. Stock up for summer and back-to-school, because let’s face it, your kids will always need sneakers.
3) Caballo Y 62 5-Piece Set– We currently have 3 boys wardrobe sets on sale. With the extra 30% off discount, you and get these sets for about $60 each! Buy all three for next fall and have your son set for back-to-school in style.
4) Las Casa Cardi– If you walk into our Tea Studio on any given day, at least one person (if not more) is wearing our Las Casa Cardi. This sweater looks luxurious enough to wear out to a party but is comfy enough you’ll want to wear it around the house. Either way you wear it, you’ll be sure to fall in love with it. And marked down from$220 to less than $80, this sweater is a steal!
5) Dulce Sarape Poncho– This style is multi-season and can be worn during Spring, Fall, and Winter. Fashion it with short sleeved tops or long-sleeve turtle-necks- it can be worn whenever your little citizen is looking to make a statement. At $37, this deal cannot be passed up.
Whatever you decide to purchase, be sure to act fast! Inventory is selling out quickly. Use promo code EXTRA30YAY in order to get an additional 30% off sale items. This offer expires Thursday at 11:59 pm PT. No adjustments on previous purchases. Explore our sale for girls: http://bit.ly/uWjrRV and boys: http://bit.ly/sB9xMf.
Share your all-time favorite Tea items in the comments section below.
Tea just launched our best semi-annual sale ever, with discounts up to 60% (or more!). We wanted to provide you with some pro insider practices to getting the most out of our super clearance. Below is our top 3 helpful tips for shopping our semi-annual sale.
1) While you shop, think about what events you have coming up and purchase your outfits on sale ahead of time. We think our Cactus Flower Dress would make a perfect Easter dress. Or our Corzo Chambray Tunic would be a cute Valentine’s dinner outfit for mom. What holidays, birthday parties, or events are you anticipating needing an outfit for in 2012? Buy a new style for each while the prices are low!
2) Buy in bulk! Do you love how durable our boys Workwear Cargo Pants are? Do your girls love how comfortable, yet stylish our Skinny French Terry Cargos are? Great! Stock up on these bottoms now while they’re discounted. Buy one in each size for your child to grow into. When their favorite pants no longer fit, you can be the best mom in the world when you surprise them with the next size up!
3) Hurry! Urgent! Selling out! We sometimes see these messages and ignore them. Then when our size is gone or there is only one color option left, we’re upset. The best way to get what you want during a semi-annual sale is to buy early and often. Don’t wait until your favorite pair of pants is only available in one size. Shop now!
So enjoy our sale while it lasts and happy shopping! What are your tips for shopping Tea’s semi-annual sale?