Posted by: Priscilla
Time: 2:21 AM
Did you see the scarf on page 4 of our Holiday 2012 Catalog and wonder where you could find one of your own? Our prop designer created ours by shredding a rug and twisting the strips together. You can make one yourself following the steps below. We bought thick gauge acyclic yarn and used scissors to craft our own scarf.
1. Unwind the yarn to desired length. Ours was around 6.5 ft to 7.5 ft long. We used the entire skein of yarn and had exercise weights as an extra set of hands. See the picture below.
2. Snip the yarn at half length (where the weight is positioned).
3. Divide the half into 2 even sections. Start twisting to one side. Then twist the other half to the same side (both in or both out). Then twist both previously twisted sides together. Tie a knot at the end.
4. Repeat for the other side.
5. Twist the 2 twisted halves together and knot it at the end. Knot where you want the tassels to begin.
Look how easy it was to twist your own scarf.
*Please note that this activity should be for kids 3 years and up.