Whether you’re sending your little ones off to sleep away camp for the first time or the fifth time, it’s never easy. Well, the packing isn’t ever easy. We know it’s almost impossible to not forget something, but we’re hoping this list will help make sure you remember the essentials – sheets and fan not included.
1. Pull out the iron on labels and grab a Rub-A-Dub marker. Many camps require that all clothing and equipment is marked with your child’s name, but it’s a good idea to label regardless of what’s asked. Send a marker along with your child to make sure the counselor can help with anything that was overlooked.
2. We understand that a monogrammed laundry bag probably isn’t required, but we suggest you take that extra step. Having a bag that’s unique and personal will make laundry pick up a little easier and drop off a little more fun.
3. Shoes. Slip on sneakers and a solid pair of sandals are an absolute must. Although they’ll come back worn and tattered, they’ll keep your little one covered and comfortable every step of the way!
4. Easy tanks and tees for everyday wear. Packing tops and bottoms that can be easily mixed and matched are ideal for summer camp outfitting. By sending basics, morning dressing won’t be hard on anyone.
5. Flashlights are helpful for the post campfire walk back to the cabin. This lantern/flashlight lights the way and will easily hang under bunks for late night letter writing.
6. Don’t forget the nice outfits! Dances and closing ceremonies usually call for dressier attire – A cotton dress and polo are easy solutions.
8. Swimsuits! Splashing and diving could easily be an everyday occurrence, packing extras is a must.
9. Since they’ll be splashing and diving more often than not, make sure they’re covered with long lasting sunscreen. Wipes and mists seem to work best for kids.
10. Towels are important, but knowing which towel is yours is even more crucial. Having your child’s name marked very clearly makes it easy – and towel wraps are a necessity for crowded summer camp cabins!
Don’t forget to check with your local retailer to find perfect packing pieces!
We love taking you behind the scenes! It’s always fun to remember that this…
turned out to look like this!
We’re so proud of our swim collection and shooting it on the beach was a blast. Lots of hard work goes into each image before you see it in the catalog and on teacollection.com, but we made sure to have some fun while we were there!
It’s almost time to break out the swim suits and pack up the beach toys – pool days and beach trips are right around the corner! This year, Tea has you covered on the swimwear. Our first ever swim collection is just what you’d expect from us, colorful and comfortable; it’s the Tea way!
To celebrate the warmer temperatures and longer days, we’ve rounded up a few of our favorites for this year’s beach bag.
1. Zoe b’s Fantastic Beach Toys – They’re bright & colorful and biodegradable. Made from corn, this five piece set won’t hurt the environment on the off chance it becomes a set of 3.
3. Green Toys Sand Play Set – Made in the USA. Actually, made just up the road from the Tea offices in Mill Valley, California.
Our new swim line has us dreaming of summer days and we were curious to see what a few of our blogger friends have planned for the months ahead. Click through each blog below to see what they’re up to!
A big Thank You to PJ, Laura, and Helen for being a part of this!