Spring fashion is filled with pops of neon shades from pinks to greens to purples and yellows. We saw fashion runways everywhere explode with new ways express this bold statement.
Photo collage compiled from Pinterest.
We turned on the light and had a bright idea, so we filled our Spring collection with neons for every style. Our neon pink girls leggings will surely excite the fashionistas in your home, while our subtle green neon graphics will fit the cool style of your little guys. Whichever your taste, be sure to electrify your wardrobe with these fluorescent pops of color.
What do you think of the new neon trend? Tell us in the comments section below.
In late November of 2011, Tea donated one item of clothing for every order placed to the Global Fund for Children, an organization that helps advance the dignity of at-risk children by supporting and strengthening grass root groups and effectively utilizing media to highlight the disparities experienced by this demographic. Our response was amazing, and thanks to you we were able to donate over 2,500 clothing items to at-risk children throughout the world. The Global Fund for Children was so overjoyed with this donation that they sent us this lovely card, pictured below.
Thank you for continuing to help us support this wonderful organization. Learn more about our partnership with the Global Fund for Children on our website. Or, shop our Little Citizens line where proceeds from these items benefit the Global Fund for Children.
Bali is a little place with a whole lot of happy. Our designers immersed themselves in the Bali culture and traditions only to return to San Francisco overflowing with creative energy and excitement. We funneled their enthusiasm into our Bali Spring collection. It’s full of bright colors, lively graphics, and Bali spirit from the neon pinks in our Botanic Garden Playdress to the growling naga on the Growling Naga Zip Hoodie.
Throughout the Spring, we’ll be posting on our Studio T blog multiple times a week about our new Destination: Bali. Find out why we created several pieces using the Poleng cloth pattern, learn how-to create the art of batik, hear real stories from our design staff who visited Bali for inspiration, and more! We also promise to post Bali-themed cultural activity printouts for you to download and design with your children too!
We’re going there. Join us. Discover Destination: Bali.
We asked: What would you tell a new mom
about Tea? And, surprisingly your answers were quite alike, boiling down to the most used adjectives, adverbs, and nouns displayed in the word cloud below.
Some of our favorite responses included:
“The patterns are original and get the “wow” factor from others .”
“They are comfy and soft and unforgettable for photos”
“Unique, comfortable, adorable, stylish, washes up great, true to size & worth every penny!”
“No other clothing has the kind of comfort, versatility, and style that Tea does.”
As we embark on 2012, be sure your child starts the new year in style, in comfort, and in clothes that will last until 2013. Happy New Year!
Tea just launched our best semi-annual sale ever, with discounts up to 60% (or more!). We wanted to provide you with some pro insider practices to getting the most out of our super clearance. Below is our top 3 helpful tips for shopping our semi-annual sale.
1) While you shop, think about what events you have coming up and purchase your outfits on sale ahead of time. We think our Cactus Flower Dress would make a perfect Easter dress. Or our Corzo Chambray Tunic would be a cute Valentine’s dinner outfit for mom. What holidays, birthday parties, or events are you anticipating needing an outfit for in 2012? Buy a new style for each while the prices are low!
2) Buy in bulk! Do you love how durable our boys Workwear Cargo Pants are? Do your girls love how comfortable, yet stylish our Skinny French Terry Cargos are? Great! Stock up on these bottoms now while they’re discounted. Buy one in each size for your child to grow into. When their favorite pants no longer fit, you can be the best mom in the world when you surprise them with the next size up!
3) Hurry! Urgent! Selling out! We sometimes see these messages and ignore them. Then when our size is gone or there is only one color option left, we’re upset. The best way to get what you want during a semi-annual sale is to buy early and often. Don’t wait until your favorite pair of pants is only available in one size. Shop now!
So enjoy our sale while it lasts and happy shopping! What are your tips for shopping Tea’s semi-annual sale?
Behind the Design Wednesdays: Every week Tea writes about our designers’ inspiration for our current collection of clothing. Explore all of our Behind the Design posts.
You may be wondering, why does Tea have a frog and a monkey on their baby romper? Well these two creatures actually represent two famous married Mexican artists, Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo.
If you’ve been following our Studio T blog, you’ll know that a lot of our Modern Mexico children’s clothes collection was inspired by the works of Diego and Frida. Our La Rana Y El Mono baby romper captures our playful tribute to them.
frog drawings and mosaics by Diego Rivera, monkeys from Frida Kahlo’s self portraits
Diego thought he looked like a frog and Frida would often paint monkeys throughout her work. The artists started to use the Spanish pet names La Rana (frog) and El Mono (monkey) for each other. We think that’s pretty adorable.
How about you? What are your pet names for your loved ones?
On November 28th and 29th, Tea donated one piece of clothing to the Global Fund for Children for every order placed online or at a Tea retailer. The Global Fund for Children is an organization that helps advance the dignity of at-risk children by supporting and strengthening grass root groups and effectively utilizing media to highlight the disparities experienced by this demographic.
Through your purchases and the help of the Global Fund for Children, Tea was able to donate over 2,500 articles of clothing to the following organizations:
- Jamghat- Located in New Delhi, India, Jamghat provides a safe and supportive environment for street children to enable them to evolve physically and emotionally.
- Baoji Xinxing-Baoji Xinxing provides rehabilitation, education, recreation, and vocational skills to street children in central China.
- Associação Excola-Helping children in the heart of downtown Rio de Janeiro, Associação Excola works to empower youth living on the streets to make long-term positive changes in their lives.
- Homeless Children’s Playtime Project-Located in the District of Columbia, Homeless Children’s Playtime Project nurtures healthy child development and reduces the effects of trauma among children living in temporary housing programs.
- The Associate of Children and youth with Disabilities- Based in Moldova, this organizations provides direct support for children with multiple disabilities through an annual integration summer camp.
- Maison de la Gare St. Louis (MDGSL)- A child-oriented organization located in Senegal that works to promote the social and economic integration of talibés, young boys who are sent by their families to urban areas to study the Qu’ran but often end up being subjected to conditions akin to slavery and forced labor
We’re thrilled that our loyal fans helped us award these organizations with such a meaningful donation. Tea Collection supports the Global Fund for Children because they also work to celebrate cultures around the world. How do you give back? Share your thoughts about charitable giving in the comments section below.
Learn more about Tea’s work with the Global Fund for Children. Proceeds from our Little Citizens line are donated to the Global Fund for Children.