- 2 egg whites at room temperature
- 2 egg yolks at room temperature
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup bread flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp honey, diluted with 1 tbsp hot water
- Line your loaf pan (71/2 inches x 31/2 inches) with aluminum foil, followed by a layer of parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Put your egg whites into a large mixing bowl and beat them on high for 30 seconds until you begin to see foam develop. Add in your sugar and continue beating, until soft peaks form.
- Now, you will begin by mixing your yolks one at a time, into your egg white mixture, at medium low speed for 1 minuted. Gradually add in your sifted flour and beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Next, you pour in your honey and water mixture and continue to beat on low for 1 minute.
- Pour your batter into your loaf pan, tapping the edges on a table to remove any bubbles. Smooth out the top of your batter to make it spread out evenly in the pan.
- Bake your cake for 45 minutes, or until the top is browned. Remove the pan from the oven, dropping it on the counter and let it cool.
- Remove the parchment paper slowly. Cut all the edges off except for the top and bottom. Cut into thick slices and serve!
Share this Recipe