- 1 basic butter cake baked in a lamington tin
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 4 tbsp cocoa
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For best results, bake your cake the day before you want to make the lamingtons. Cut the cake into 21 squares.
- To make the icing, sift your sugar and cocoa into a bowl. Mix in remaining ingredients except coconut and stir until smooth and shiny, using a little more water if necessary to reach the right consistency.
- Use immediately, keeping the bowl over hot water. Add a little more boiling water if the icing begins to thicken as you work. Dip the squares of the cake into the icing. A carving fork or skewer is useful. Allow to drop for a minute and then roll in coconut. Leave on a wire rack to dry.
Share this Recipe