- 1 pork roast
- 3/4 pound fresh ramen noodles
- 2 scallions
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 eggplant
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 1 1 inch piece of ginger
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- black seasame seeds, nori for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Wash and dry the fresh produce. Heat a medium pot of salted water to boiling on high. Trim off and discard the root ends of the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, separating the white bottoms and green tops. Remove and discard the husks and silks of the corn. Cut the corn kernels off the cob; discard the cob. Cut off and discard the stem end of the eggplant; cut the eggplant into ½-inch-thick rounds. Peel and mince the ginger.
- Remove and discard any netting from the pork; pat dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper on all sides. In a large pan, heat 2 teaspoons of oil on medium-high until hot. Add the seasoned pork. Cook, turning occasionally, 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until evenly browned. Transfer to a foil-lined sheet pan. Roast the seared pork 10 to 12 minutes, or until cooked through. (An instant-read thermometer should register 145°F.) Remove from the oven and transfer to a cutting board. Let rest for at least 5 minutes.
- While the pork roasts, wipe out the pan used to sear the pork. Add 2 teaspoons of oil; heat on medium-high until hot. Add the eggplant in a single layer; season with salt and pepper. Cook, flipping occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned and tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
- While the pork continues to roast, add 2 teaspoons of oil to the pan used to brown the eggplant. Heat on medium until hot. Add the ginger and white bottoms of the scallions; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes, or until softened and fragrant. Add the corn, soy glaze, vinegar, demi-glace and 2 cups of water; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 6 minutes, or until thoroughly combined. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- While the broth simmers, add the noodles to the pot of boiling water, stirring gently to separate. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain thoroughly and rinse under warm water. Divide between 2 bowls.
- Find the lines of muscle (or grain) of the rested pork; thinly slice crosswise against the grain. Stir any juices from the cutting board into the broth. Divide the finished broth between the 2 bowls of cooked noodles. Top with the browned eggplant and sliced pork. Garnish with the spice blend, green tops of the scallions and microgreens. Enjoy!
Share this Recipe